Monday, October 12, 2009

About Me (The Extended Version)

I live and breathe automobiles. I have been fixing them for 13 years now. I was trained at the local community college. I began in auto body. After 9 months of classes funds were cut and the program was shut down. I then moved to auto repair. That is where I found my niche. I was the first student to complete the entire program. During my time there as a student I competed in VICA 3 times, placing first in my region all 3 times. I worked at various shops while I attended school. Mostly repair and diagnosis type facilities. I recently worked at a shop that did custom work, lift kits, and accessories. For the past 3 years I have been teaching auto repair at the community college 2 nights a week. Starting in March 2009 I began teaching the day class about 30 hours a week. As we all know, school teachers don't get paid much, especially part timers. Out of necessity I decided to fix cars at my house to make some extra money. It became apparent that my driveway wasn’t going to cut it. I set out to find a shop to rent and found one in Clinton. This is how Powertrain Perfection came about. Things I enjoy are automobiles, my family, my dog, learning, music, making things with my hands, and fixing things others have made. I am a perpetual student. On any given day I am a teacher, a student, an entrepreneur, a husband, and father. I am currently working on a double bachelor’s degree at Weber State in Automotive Service Technology and Technical Sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment